A Remedy for Difficult Eye Conditions
Scleral contact lenses offer a wide array of designs and materials, prescription ranges, and customization options. With scleral lens technologies, our doctors can provide you with a comfortable and easy way to enjoy vision.
Explore what scleral lenses can do for you.
What Are Scleral Lenses?
Scleral lenses are made from rigid gas-permeable material with an extra-large diameter that completely covers your cornea to help you achieve clear and concise vision.
These lenses are effective for resolving vision-related issues due to:
- Irregular corneas causes by Keratoconus, keratoglobus, Pellucid Marginal Degeneration,
- Refractive surgery complications such as RK, PRK, LASIK, LASEK
Are You a Good Candidate?
Although anyone who wants to improve their vision can benefit from scleral lenses, they are particularly helpful for people with:
- Pellucid Marginal Degeneration
- Terrien’s Marginal Degeneration, Salzmann’s Nodular Degeneration, Map-Dot (Cogan’s) Dystrophy Reis- Buckler dystrophy Dystrophy
- Post Refractive Surgery Ectasias such as RK, PRK, LASIK, LASEK
- Chemical Injury, Burn Injury
- Steven’s Johnson Syndrome, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Cicatricial Pemphigoid, Neurotrophic Ulcers, Atopic Keratoconjunctivitis, Graft vs Host Disease, Persistent Epithelial Defects
- Corneal Exposure caused by Ectropion, Exophthalmus, 7th Nerve Palsy, Post Lid Surgery, Eyelid Coloboma
- Severe Dry Eyes, Trichiasis, Entropion
Book Your Contact Lens Exam & Fitting Today
The first step to receiving the right type of contact lens is to book a contact lens exam and fitting.
A proper fitting helps your eye doctor determine your contact prescription by measuring your eyes to find the correct size, style, and shape of contact lens needed. During this exam, your doctor can determine if you could benefit from a specialty contact lens such as scleral lenses.
Empress Eye Clinic, located at Empress Walk Mall
Halfway between Finch and Sheppard on Yonge Street.
5095 Yonge Street, Unit B6
North York, Ontario
We serve patients from North York, Willowdale, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Markham, Eglinton- Lawrence, York- Centre, Donwally East and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Our office is directly accessible by the Yonge-University Subway from North York Subway Station. It is also easily accessible by vehicle from Hwy 401
- 5095 Yonge Street Unit B6
- North York, ON M2N 6Z4
- Phone: 416-223-4500
- Fax: 647-343-0347
- Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Ask Us About Direct Insurance Billing
Wow, what a great experience! I was able to book a same-day appointment after calling multiple optometrists in the area with an eye emergency. Both Dr.Heshmati and Dr.Habib took their time with me – it didn’t feel rushed at all, and they always ensured I was comfortable and were diligent in getting to the solution of my issue! Not only were the doctors exceptional, but the front desk staff went above and beyond to ensure I had my following appointments booked and that I had all my questions answered! All in all, fantastic experience. I highly recommend this location and wish other practices held to their standard.
Everyone I interacted with was very friendly, respectful, and attentive. From the person who did the eye tests to the person who helped with the glasses.
The doctor was also great. He didn’t rush and took his time explaining his observations and the next steps. He truly cares. As a healthcare professional myself, I know when I see exemplary patient care.
Thank you for the awesome service
I’ve never had an eye appointment before so I didn’t know what to expect. The staff was absolutely wonderful! Dr Heshmati was so kind and thorough and knowledgeable…he explained everything he was going to do so well and helped me with my prescription.
I had help from a wonderful lady whose name I didn’t catch…she helped me pick out the perfect frames for my new glasses and was so patient and helpful.
The staff was so friendly and approachable. I had a great experience and I highly recommend this clinic to anyone needing their eyes checked!
I wish I knew this eye clinic earlier! The eye exam was very thorough and Dr. Habib explained in detail about our testing results. The clinic has advanced machine to detect eye problems that are not normally checked. The front desk assistant was very professional as well and helped us finding eye glasses. Clinic is super clean!