A Remedy for Difficult Eye Conditions
Scleral contact lenses offer a wide array of designs and materials, prescription ranges, and customization options. With scleral lens technologies, our doctors can provide you with a comfortable and easy way to enjoy vision.
Explore what scleral lenses can do for you.
What Are Scleral Lenses?
Scleral lenses are made from rigid gas-permeable material with an extra-large diameter that completely covers your cornea to help you achieve clear and concise vision.
These lenses are effective for resolving vision-related issues due to:
- Irregular corneas causes by Keratoconus, keratoglobus, Pellucid Marginal Degeneration,
- Refractive surgery complications such as RK, PRK, LASIK, LASEK
Are You a Good Candidate?
Although anyone who wants to improve their vision can benefit from scleral lenses, they are particularly helpful for people with:
- Pellucid Marginal Degeneration
- Terrien’s Marginal Degeneration, Salzmann’s Nodular Degeneration, Map-Dot (Cogan’s) Dystrophy Reis- Buckler dystrophy Dystrophy
- Post Refractive Surgery Ectasias such as RK, PRK, LASIK, LASEK
- Chemical Injury, Burn Injury
- Steven’s Johnson Syndrome, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Cicatricial Pemphigoid, Neurotrophic Ulcers, Atopic Keratoconjunctivitis, Graft vs Host Disease, Persistent Epithelial Defects
- Corneal Exposure caused by Ectropion, Exophthalmus, 7th Nerve Palsy, Post Lid Surgery, Eyelid Coloboma
- Severe Dry Eyes, Trichiasis, Entropion
Book Your Contact Lens Exam & Fitting Today
The first step to receiving the right type of contact lens is to book a contact lens exam and fitting.
A proper fitting helps your eye doctor determine your contact prescription by measuring your eyes to find the correct size, style, and shape of contact lens needed. During this exam, your doctor can determine if you could benefit from a specialty contact lens such as scleral lenses.
Empress Eye Clinic is directly accessed by the Yonge-University Subway from North York Subway Station or easily by vehicle from Hwy 401. We’re located in the heart of North York, Ontario, at Empress Walk Mall, on the 2nd floor.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Ask Us About Direct Insurance Billing
Wow, what a great experience! I was able to book a same-day appointment after calling multiple optometrists in the area with an eye emergency. Both Dr.Heshmati and Dr.Habib took their time with me – it didn’t feel rushed at all, and they always ensured I was comfortable and were diligent in getting to the solution of my issue! Not only were the doctors exceptional, but the front desk staff went above and beyond to ensure I had my following appointments booked and that I had all my questions answered! All in all, fantastic experience. I highly recommend this location and wish other practices held to their standard.
Best place to go to if you’re having your first contact lenses eye exam
The receptionist (Ms. Emma & Ms. Sam rat) are really nice and polite, helped with keeping my things safe and measuring my eyes!
Dr. Heshmati is really great too, before I was using glasses and he tested me with my glasses and apparently my glasses had the wrong prescription so I couldn’t see well with them. He even gave me a great discount offer I couldn’t refuse when buying contacts with them!
The helper (Ms. Sara) is so helpful as well and has such a positive attitude as well and super friendly too. She even assisted me with putting on contact lenses and taking them off as well.
Overall, I enjoyed my visit and I’m “empressed” with my visit here. Keep up the great work!
I’ve never had an eye appointment before so I didn’t know what to expect. The staff was absolutely wonderful! Dr Heshmati was so kind and thorough and knowledgeable…he explained everything he was going to do so well and helped me with my prescription.
I had help from a wonderful lady whose name I didn’t catch…she helped me pick out the perfect frames for my new glasses and was so patient and helpful.
The staff was so friendly and approachable. I had a great experience and I highly recommend this clinic to anyone needing their eyes checked!