Experience Freedom from Lenses
If you suffer from a refractive error like myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism, you probably long for a permanent solution to improve your vision. Laser eye surgery can provide you with just that.
All you have to do is book a consultation, and we can help you find out what laser eye surgery can do for you and your vision.
What is Laser Eye Surgery?
Laser eye surgery, also known as refractive surgery, is the term for several procedures that can help correct various refractive errors. Laser eye surgery reshapes your cornea to change how light is refracted, enabling you to see more clearly.
There are several types of LASIK (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis) surgery options available to correct vision problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. These include:
- Traditional LASIK: This is the most common type of LASIK surgery. It involves creating a flap on the cornea and using a laser to reshape the underlying tissue to correct vision problems.
- Bladeless LASIK: Instead of using a blade to create the corneal flap, this type of LASIK uses a femtosecond laser to create the flap. This method is often considered safer and more precise.
- Wavefront-Guided LASIK: This type of LASIK uses advanced technology to create a detailed map of the eye’s unique optical imperfections, allowing the surgeon to make more precise adjustments to the cornea.
- Custom LASIK: Similar to Wavefront-Guided LASIK, custom LASIK uses advanced technology to create a personalized treatment plan based on the patient’s unique visual characteristics.
- Epi-LASIK: This type of LASIK uses a special instrument to create a thin layer of the cornea, which is then lifted up, so the laser can reshape the tissue underneath.
- PRK: Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) is a laser eye surgery procedure used to correct refractive errors. PRK uses a laser to reshape the cornea without creating a flap,
Book an appointment to discuss your options based on your eye condition and lifestyle.
The Types of Laser Eye Surgery
At Empress Eye Clinic, we offer consultations for all types of refractive surgeries, including:
LASIK laser surgery is a popular refractive surgery that uses a laser to reshape the cornea. By reshaping the cornea, LASIK can combat refractive errors such as myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism.
SMILE stands for “small incision lenticule extraction.” This laser eye surgery is an alternative to LASIK that only makes a small incision, potentially decreasing the side effects incurred in other types of laser eye surgery.
Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
If you cannot get LASIK surgery due to your cornea being too thin, photorefractive keratectomy may be the option for you. PRK can reshape thin corneas to solve refractive errors with similar results to other types of laser eye surgery.
Laser Eye Surgery at Empress Eye Clinic
If you’re looking to enhance your vision permanently, then it might be time to consider laser eye surgery. Please, book a consultation with our team and start your journey towards clearer vision today!
Empress Eye Clinic, located at Empress Walk Mall
Halfway between Finch and Sheppard on Yonge Street.
5095 Yonge Street, Unit B6
North York, Ontario
We serve patients from North York, Willowdale, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Markham, Eglinton- Lawrence, York- Centre, Donwally East and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Our office is directly accessible by the Yonge-University Subway from North York Subway Station. It is also easily accessible by vehicle from Hwy 401
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Ask Us About Direct Insurance Billing
Wow, what a great experience! I was able to book a same-day appointment after calling multiple optometrists in the area with an eye emergency. Both Dr.Heshmati and Dr.Habib took their time with me – it didn’t feel rushed at all, and they always ensured I was comfortable and were diligent in getting to the solution of my issue! Not only were the doctors exceptional, but the front desk staff went above and beyond to ensure I had my following appointments booked and that I had all my questions answered! All in all, fantastic experience. I highly recommend this location and wish other practices held to their standard.
Everyone I interacted with was very friendly, respectful, and attentive. From the person who did the eye tests to the person who helped with the glasses.
The doctor was also great. He didn’t rush and took his time explaining his observations and the next steps. He truly cares. As a healthcare professional myself, I know when I see exemplary patient care.
Thank you for the awesome service
I’ve never had an eye appointment before so I didn’t know what to expect. The staff was absolutely wonderful! Dr Heshmati was so kind and thorough and knowledgeable…he explained everything he was going to do so well and helped me with my prescription.
I had help from a wonderful lady whose name I didn’t catch…she helped me pick out the perfect frames for my new glasses and was so patient and helpful.
The staff was so friendly and approachable. I had a great experience and I highly recommend this clinic to anyone needing their eyes checked!
I wish I knew this eye clinic earlier! The eye exam was very thorough and Dr. Habib explained in detail about our testing results. The clinic has advanced machine to detect eye problems that are not normally checked. The front desk assistant was very professional as well and helped us finding eye glasses. Clinic is super clean!